Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta
A simple summer dinner is best with seasonal vegetables. And this Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta is fresh and light with beautiful summer color.
Summer is about roasting. For many, that involves some sun and plenty of SPF. I prefer roasting my summer vegetables so they can achieve the ultimate golden brown color, while I stay cool in the ac.
The star of this dish is undeniably the vegetables. Zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, eggplant are tossed in a garlicky seasoned vinaigrette with tomatoes and red onion and roasted until tender.
These vegetables are absurdly delicious—like I could just eat a big bowl nbso online casino reviews of the vegetables. Or serve them as a side dish, which is probably going to happen next week.
Have you ever noticed that eggplant sometimes becomes bitter and soggy when cooking? Before cooking, there is a simple trick that you can do—and it”s all about the salt.
Place the cubed eggplant in a colander and place it in the sink or over a large bowl to gather any excess moisture. Sprinkle with one teaspoon of salt and let it sit while you prep the rest of the dish, or about 30 minutes. Rinse and add to the other vegetables. This helps to keep the eggplant tender, less soggy, and in good shape.
You can use a store-bought tomato sauce or this Quick Tomato Sauce.
To get the most delicious ingredients, hit the green market this weekend.
Let”s keep this going! Sign up for the Sage Recipes Newsletter and Join me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta
- ½ eggplant, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound Penne pasta
- 2 cups store-bought tomato sauce or Quick Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Place the colander in the sink or over a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Rinse the eggplant under cold water and place with the zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and onion on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle on the oil mixture and using clean hands, toss to combine evenly.
- Roast for 30 minutes, using a spatula to turn after 15 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, toss to combine, and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 10 minutes or according to package directions. In a small saucepan, heat the tomato sauce over medium-low heat. Drain the pasta and mix with the tomato sauce.
- Serve the pasta with the roasted vegetables and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Recipe by Emily Jacobs of Sage Recipes. Please do not republish this recipe without my prior permission. If you wish to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the recipe and link back to this post. Thank you!