New Years Detox Smoothie

Happy New Year! 2012 brought many changes to my life and I can only hope that 2013 will be as fun and exciting!

I thought about how I spent New Years Eve for 2012 and the three amazing girls that I spent it with. One year later and we are in such different places. One girl is married, one is spending this New Years with her new boyfriend (p.s. I introduced them), another girl got her dream job in environmental engineering, and then there is me…I’m moved to NYC! We have come a long way from cheap champagne and Chex Mix in the hotel room!

That’s us celebrating 2012!

So, if you are like me and will probably have a little too much champagne, this detox smoothie will give you an energy boost for New Years Day activities.

Have a happy and safe New Years!

Detox Green Smoothie

Recipe adapted from Super Foods by Lee Holmes

Ingredients:

(Ingredients are measured loosely to taste; use whatever greens you have on hand like kale, chard, or lettuce leaves)

• 1 handful spinach
  • 1 handful mint
  • 1 handful parsley
  • juice of half a lemon
  • 1/2 a cucumber, peeled
  • 1 large celery stalk
  • 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled

Instructions:

1. Blend all ingredients together in a juicer or blender until smooth. Serve over ice.

Makes 1 Smoothie

Category: Product #: Regular price:$ (Sale ends ) Available from: Condition: Good ! Order now!
Reviewed by on. Rating:
This entry was posted in Smoothies and Juices, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to New Years Detox Smoothie

1. Elaine says:

Happy 2013 New Year Emilty! You’re living the life. Enjoy!!

2. Oh Yeah! This is my kinda smoothie. Off to make this now.

3. Pingback: Happy New Year! Let’s Do Some Detox. « The Daily Sampler

4. Happy new year! This smoothie is definitely a lovely way to celebrate. The color is so vibrant, and I’m sure the taste is even better. I can’t wait to try it!

5. afracooking says:

Happy New Year! I have not had a green smoothie since summer! But this recipe has inspired me to make a healthy start to the year! thank you!

6. apronstringsblog says:

Best to you in NYC in 2013. Thanks for an inspiring year of recipes!

7. Congrats on the move! I think one of my favorite traditions of New Year’s Eve is looking back at all the accomplishments and joys the past year held.

We’re celebrating a return to sane eating on the Shine Supper Club this month, and this recipe would be a lovely contribution. I hope you’ll join us!

8. designarian says:

Love the amazing green and super healthy color of this smoothie. Although I am not a great fan of parsley but I am definitely going to try it for the experience.

9. mary lou says:

I will try it tomorrow.

10. Lee Kennedy says:

Made one with rocket instead of spinach (sold out). Very nice but I think it could be much improved with a few dashes of Tabasco, thanks for the recipe

11. Awesome green detox smoothie! Thank you for sharing.

12. Pingback: The Greatist Table: 5 Healthy Detox Recipes from Around the Web - FitnessFocussed.com

13. Pingback: The Greatist Table: 5 Healthy Detox Recipes from Around the Web | Greatist

14. Pingback: Green Monster Smoothie Receipes

15. Jo Asia says:

I love it! thanks for sharing x

16. Hey, love!! For some reason I stopped getting emails from your blog :( But I LOVE this post. That picture is ridiculous! And I agree, we *have* come a long way since cheap champagne and chex mix. Hope NYC is treating you well. Much love, <3 buddrball

17. Pingback: 28 Green Smoothie Recipes to Rock Your Day {Giveaway}• thefrugalette

18. Pingback: Detox Green Juice | Vegan Recipe Pins

19. Pingback: Top 10 Healthy Detox Smoothies - Top Inspired

20. Pingback: 15 Ideas for Detox Diet after the Holidays

21. Pingback: 15 Blend Diet Meals

22. Pingback: 10 Vegan Breakfast Recipes for Conscious Eating | Elevate your Life