So, I am only going a bit stir crazy cooped up in my apartment thanks to Sandycation! I have cleaned my entire apartment, practiced yoga, and even installed that French Rosetta Stone that has been packed away…I got to level 2! Bonjour!
On a more serious note, I hope that everyone is able to recover from this storm! The pictures on the news have been devastating. Thankfully, I have had power and no serious flooding or damage. I hope you are safe with limited damage as well!
Luckily, I ventured to the farmer’s market on Saturday morning before the storm hit. I stocked up on all kinds of winter veggies. I love the combination of creamy sweet potato with the peppery greens, tangy cheese, and crunchy walnuts.
Stay safe everyone and have a Happy Halloween!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups of greens, such as spinach and arugula
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and poke them all over with a fork. Bake them until fork tender, about 45 minutes.
- In a dry sauté pan, toast the walnuts over medium low heat until toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and coarsely chop.
- In the same sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the greens and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until greens are wilted.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let cool for a bit. Slice along the side of each potato to open and mash the inside to break apart. Season each with salt and pepper and add 1 teaspoon of butter to each. Add in the sautéed greens, the toasted walnuts, and the crumbled feta evenly among the two sweet potatoes.