It’s been a few weeks since my last recipe post, but so much has changed! For one, my site! Welcome to the new Sage Recipes ~ redesigned and better than ever! Hopefully this new site will be more interactive and allow you to navigate through the recipes a bit better! Let me know what you think!
Also, I have relocated and moved across country! I am now living in NYC! I have been here a total of one week and it is so fun to explore a new city, except for getting lost on the subway. Yesterday, I ended up in Queens….where is the Manhattan Bound train!?! I guess it is all part of the adventure!
Now that I am settled in and the new site is complete, I’m getting back into the groove of posting regularly. To kick off the new site, here is a light and summery salad!
Sweet melon and salty prosciutto is a classic combination. I added some peppery arugula and fresh mint with a drizzle of light dressing. A must try while cantaloupe is in season!
Cantaloupe Salad with Arugula and Prosciutto
For the Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 8 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- For the dressing, whisk the Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar together. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, cantaloupe, and mint. Drizzle the dressing into the bowl (add a little at a time, you may not need all of the dressing). Mix the salad so the arugula is coated in the dressing. Divide the salad evenly among plates and drape the slices of prosciutto on top.