I love summer cocktails and this one screams “drink me on a hot summer day, lounging at the pool, with handsome men fanning me, and everything I eat/drink that day will be calorie free…” Oh I got carried away, but a girl can dream, right? Yea, this drink doesn’t say all that, but shoot it is pretty good!
This refreshing and light margarita is sweetened naturally with watermelon and a little agave syrup. The store bought margarita mixes have so much added sugar, it’s better to skip those and make your own.
I tried making the famous Skinny Girl Margarita the other day and whoa is it boozy. Two of those and I would be probably be up on a table doing something I would regret the next day. It’s just tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur. I think I like a little something fruity mixed in with my tequila…for taste and also so I don’t completely embarrass myself!
- 2 tablespoons salt, for rim of glasses
- 1 lime, juiced, reserve one lime wedge
- 4 cups chopped watermelon, (about 1/4 of a 6 ounce watermelon)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Place the salt in a shallow dish. Rub the rims of 4 glasses with the lime wedge. Dip each rim into the salt to coat.
- Place chopped watermelon in a blender and blend on high until liquified. Pour watermelon juice into a pitcher. Stir in the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and agave syrup.
- Fill the glasses with ice and pour in the margarita, being careful not to loosen the salt.
Makes 4 cocktails