Chili Lime Black Bean Burgers
I have made this chili lime black bean burgers recipe several times before. Using canned beans makes it super quick and easy, but this time I found some fresh black beans from the farmers market that I wanted to try. I have given measurements and instructions for both canned and dried beans. I made extra black beans and then measured out the amount for the burgers after they were cooked. I love having extra beans in the refrigerator for a quick lunch or snack.
If I didn”t tell you these were made with black beans in the title, the image could have fooled you. They look オンライン カジノ just like meat! They are quite filling too without making you feel as though you just ate a bowling ball!
Do you practice Meatless Mondays? If so, this is a great idea for dinner next week!
Chili Lime Black Bean Burgers
These chili lime black bean burgers are loaded with flavor, spice, and herbs. They are a healthy burger alternative made completely of beans.
For the Burgers:
- 2/3 cup dried black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, about 2 small limes
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- red onion slices, lettuce leaves, pickle spears, mayonnaise and/or your favorite burger toppings
- If you are using dried beans, cover them with water and soak overnight. The next morning, strain and rinse beans. Place them in a saucepan and cover them with fresh water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat, and simmer for about 1 hour until tender. Strain and let cool.
- If using canned beans, strain and rinse the beans.
- In the bowl of a food processor with a blade attachment, grind the hamburger bun until finely ground into bread crumbs. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same food processor bowl, add in the garlic cloves and cilantro. Pulse a few times until minced. Add in the beans and puree until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the chili powder, lime zest, and bread crumbs. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. (Taste mixture to make sure seasonings are to your preference before adding in the egg). Add in the egg and mix until incorporated. Divide mixture into 4 equal pieces and shape into round patties.
- In a grill pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Grill the patties on one side, for about 3-4 minutes until brown. Flip over and add cheese. Cook for about another 3-4 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Serve patties on the hamburger buns with you favorite burger toppings.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Recipe by Emily Jacobs of Sage Recipes. Please do not republish this recipe without my prior permission. If you wish to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the recipe and link back to this post. Thank you!