Once you try homemade crunchy granola, you will never want to buy it again. I was spending $5.00 for a two cup bag of granola at a health food store. Completely fed up with this ridiculous price, I had to make best online casino my own. The end result: healthy, simple, quick, money-saving, and crunchy granola!
When making your own granola, you can control how much sugar is added. Also, you can change the ingredients (dried fruit, seeds, nuts, spices etc.) depending on your taste or mood.
I love this granola with a little bit of non-fat vanilla yogurt. I usually add a drizzle of honey to the yogurt first. It is also good with a splash of cold milk. Or take it on the go for healthy and easy snacking.
This homemade crunchy granola is simple and easy to make, not to mention it is money-saving and healthy for on-the-go snacking.
- 4 cups rolled oats, not quick-cooking or instant
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup banana chips, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F. In a large bowl, add the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, salt, and spices. Pour in the maple syrup and stir to combine. Spread mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, stirring twice during that period.
- Remove from the oven, add in the dried pineapple and banana chips, stir to combine. Let cool on a cooling rack until at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Recipe by Emily Jacobs of Sage Recipes. Please do not republish this recipe without my prior permission. If you wish to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the recipe and link back to this post. Thank you!